I have never received a blogging award.. probably cause I don't really deserve one. BUT
THANKS Kate! You know I think you are awesome! And more than once- my voice of sanity!
Here are the rules for the award:
Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
Copy the award and paste it to your blog.
Tell us 7 interesting facts about yourself.
Nominate 7 bloggers that you love and link to their blog.
Now interesting facts about myself... hmmm... Don't know if these are actual interesting facts or not, but here goes....
1. I met Bobby at a house warming party that I almost didn't go to but did cause my best friend was working and I didn't feel like staying at home on a Saturday night by myself on my first night off in years working at a restaurant. He was there to met up with his "girlfriend", but oops she showed up with another guy. Bobby broke up with her at the party, which I didn't find out about for a long time after we started dating. I really did ask him to hand me a beer out of the fridge and then I spent the rest of the night talking to him. And then 2 couples set up a "get together" for us to see each other again and he asked me out- the rest is history, I guess. On our first date Bobby tried to end our date early and take me home.. not to his house but home. He said it wasn't going to work out. I asked him for another chance to make it right and to take me out for a drink. He could turn left to take me home or right and go to the bar. He turned right. So now when we argue I always say "You should have turned left, huh?"
2. We bought the house my mom grew up after my grandparents passed away (within 3 months of each other after 65 years of marriage) from my mom and aunt. I often feel my grandparents here. It is cool to have family events here because for 30 years of my life this house is where I spent every Christmas and different holidays. Now we still have holiday celebrations here- I know my grandparents would love that.
3. My paternal grandparents were immigrants. My Papaw came from Poland when he was 14 years old, by himself, did not speak any English, with NO family. My grandmother was a baby when her parents came to America. They met and married in a little town where they lived happily ever after together for 69 years. I can still count in Polish and say a few words, which I will teach the girls.
4. I NEVER wanted to become a teacher. I thought kids these days are crazy and disrespectful. Now I teach the craziest of them all and in a special school where kids are placed after they are removed from a regular public school. Hmmm... I am not quite sure how this happened! Actually I do, but it is a LONG story!
5. I overcame my fear of blood and needles. I use to faint when I cut myself or when I got a shot. Got over my fear of needles after I injecting myself to get knocked up. My family never thought I would be able to do the injections... the things we face in the effort to get pregnant. I don't think I could roll up my sleeve and give blood yet, but I didn't faint when I got my flu shot.
6. I am fascinated by death. I know weird. I have held quite a few hands as people died- my dad (at 16), my grandfather, 2 grandmothers, and numerous people when I worked at the Alzheimer's facility. Of course all of these people were terminally ill and all of them were old, except for my dad... but all of them were really peaceful.
7. I love to read. I always have... I don't get much of an opportunity right now.. but I will again someday when I am not so tired. I read "Gone with the Wind" in the 6th grade. I have reread it probably 10 times since.
So for the blogs I love to read... (in no particular order)
1. Sarah- from Take it one Gigantic, Earth Shattering-Crisis at a Time Because I think if Sarah and I met in real life- we would make sailors blush at our ability to say the "F" word! I think she would make me laugh ALOT!
2. Maggie- from I just love you- cause she is just so cute and has the most adorable daughter whose cheeks I just think are the most pinchable ever!
3. Jess-Our trip on the infertility train- she is a fellow PCOS cyster.
4. Sarah -Ignorance & Confidence- cause she pointed me in the right direction to see some cool stuff in Alaska.
5. Dawn- She has 2 cool blogs and one is about one of my favorite things- FOOD! I would love for Dawn to cook me a meal- I bet it would kick ass!
6. Amy- Because I think if Amy and I met in real life- we would hit it off.
7. Joye- Joye and I have a lot in common. Both teachers in middle school, both have PCOS....
1 year ago