Monday, December 29, 2008

After the Holidays Blues

After the Holidays, I am always a little blue. I don't know why, but I am. The presents are all unwrapped and the champagne has been drunk. Which maybe that is why I am sad- no Mimosas for me. I did have some virgin Mimosas with my in-laws- just not quite the same. But it was at least nice to drink out of the bar glasses. I also toasted the holiday with my wine glass full of milk! Woo Hoo! I also spend most of the holiday in the bathroom- either peeing or dry heaving. I am NOT complaining, but I think I missed some valuable time with the family. Oh well, my mom and his parents are so excited. My mom will be a grandmother again, but this will be Bobby's parents first grandchild so they are beside themselves.


So after feeling a little sad- I decided to have my hubby take my first belly pics. Boy, am I sorry I had him do that. I even did it in the morning after getting up and before I put anything in there so I would be at maximum thinness. Then I looked at them- WTF? I thought I had lost 53 lbs! OMG- ughh! It's enough to make me want to go eat all the candy that was in my stocking. I don't know what I was thinking and it isn't like I can go on a diet. If you already feel like shit- why torture yourself some more? I am a glutton for punishment I guess or as my pic shows maybe just a glutton. So here it is- my first belly shot in all it's glory:



I hope I didn't make you throw up in your mouth! Sorry if I did. Happy New Year! 2009 is going to be a good year!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh puh-leez! You're gorgeous!

sarah said...

I agree with the other Sarah.. PUH-LEEZ! I even see some ab definition. You are totally rockin that baby bod! ;-)

Sorry you've got the dry heaves already. Those just are not fun! Hopefully you wont have to deal with it for too many weeks! ;-)

Remember to put cracker by your bed and not let you tummy get empty. It really does help.

Sam Lyon said...

I love the belly pic!!! You look amazing.

The Joye of Teaching said...

I am glad the holidays are over too. Hope you feel better soon. The pic is great. :)

Jennifer said...

LOL..you are too funny. All of your hard work paid off...you look great!

Dawn0fTime said...

I'll trade places with you! You can drink mimosas and I'll be pregnant. ;)

Lea said...

You look great! Can't wait to watch that belly grow!!! :)